So wow, I’m tired. I have spent two and a half hours today driving on the road. Why you say? Well, a little background: my child goes to school in one county and I work in another. It takes 25 minutes for me to get home, then another 25 minutes to get to her school. I get a call that she’s not feeling well, leave work, 25 minutes later, passing my house, 25 minutes later get to school, 25 minutes later, pass my house, 25 minutes later get back to work (which is her doctor) get her seen. Back on the road 25 minutes later, back at my house. Whew! I am exhausted, there is nothing more boring then driving somewhere, I wish we had little airplane cars like the Jetson’s, for real. Just so you don’t worry, she has just a virus and I get to stay home the rest of the day! Whoo Hoo!
Any-who, I have completed two projects I’d like to share with you. They both were crocheted and they are both a cover for an electric device.
I found this pattern on littlemonkeyscrochet.com
it’s very cute, good choice of yarn, nice closure mechanism, and I just happen to have a friend who needs a tablet cover, so I decided to make this.
The pattern was very easy to understand and work up, quite quickly I might add. I think I’m a slow crocheter so it took me 3-4 hours spread out here and there. I wasn’t bored out of my mind like some patterns make me, because they are so basic, sc only or hdc only, I like a little twist, something I have to think about. This pattern has a neat looking stitch, not sure what it’s called but its a sc and dc in the same stitch, skip a stitch, repeat. The nice thing about the pattern, is that they give me the tools to make it for any size device I want. I will definitely be using it again in the future to make more tablet or phone covers for sure. Might I also add, I had this fabulous yarn that I think was an A+ choice. Here’s my finished product:
On to the next pattern: Herringbone phone cover I found on Ralvery via this website: haakmaarraak
Cute huh? Well I just had to try- and I have to say the stitch you have to use was a little hard for me to understand, I got the foundation rows completed but once they started talking about a herringbone hdc things got a little harry. I tried but did not succeed, it looked bad, but I was still determined to make this phone case, so I used dc’s the whole way. I switched the colors at one point and added a loop and button, just like the tablet cover. I think it turned out great even though I didn’t do it exactly like the pattern. Maybe someone else can try to give me their opinion. Here’s my finished phone cover:
Best of all… both patterns were free and totally do-able, so check them out. Well that’s all for now folks. Thanks for reading.